The Fairline Phantom 40 is a very talked-about flybridge cruiser, held in excessive regard by boat house owners and the trade alike. This boat combines the practicality required for critical, lengthy-distance cruising with the spaciousness and luxury to accommodate 4 folks with an unique mix of privateness and sociability. The Phantom 40 is a ship that ought to characteristic on the want listing of anybody in search of a second-hand household-pleasant flybridge cruiser.
Who and what’s the boat designed for?
The Fairline Phantom 40 is an influence cruiser constructed to cross massive expanses of water with ease. It options wider aspect-decks, heavy-obligation hand railing, deeper flybridge steps, elevated helm place, and lots of different sound, smart design selections. This boat is an efficient alternative for anybody who enjoys sharing their love of luxurious excessive-efficiency cruising with family and friends.
What commentators say about this flybridge cruiser
The Fairline Phantom 40 is strongly influenced by the runaway success of the Phantom 50, drawing upon lots of her design insights.
The distinctive ellipses that characterise the Phantom 40’s exterior and inside give her a sleek but purposeful air that may stand out, even within the busiest of marinas.
The Fairline Phantom 40 completely captures that elusive mix of privateness and sociability that’s the secret behind profitable onboard entertaining.
In the event you’re considering of shopping for a used Fairline Phantom 40, you’ll be able to select from a spread of variations.
- The Phantom 40 (Mk1) launched in September 1994, with 68 constructed as much as December 1996.
- The Phantom 42 was launched in 1997, following a facelift, and ran till December 1999, with 116 constructed on this model.
- These early fashions had been fitted with a alternative of Volvo TAMD63L engines (318hp every) or Volvo TAMD63P (370hp every).
- The Phantom 40 (Mk2) ran from January 2002 to September 2009, with 118 constructed.
- This mannequin was initially fitted with Volvo TAMD63P (370hp every), changed by Volvo D6/370 (370hp every) or Caterpillar 3126 (426 hp every)
- Size of hull (bow to aft finish of bathing platform together with gunnel): 39ft 6in (12.04m)
- Size general (together with gunnel): 41ft 1in (12.52m)
- Beam (together with gunnel): 12ft 11in (three.95m)
- Variety of berths: four – 6
- Draught: 3ft 2in (zero.97m) unloaded
- Top above waterline (together with arch + navigation gentle mast): 14ft 10in (four.52m)
- Transport peak (approximate): 14ft 3in (four.35m)
- Dry weight (approximate): 11.four tons (11,600kg)
- Gasoline capability: 220 gallons/265 US gallons (996 litres)
- Water capability (together with calorifier): 99 gallons/118 US gallons (450 litres)
- Engine suggestions (twin): from 740mhp to 870mhp
What’s nice concerning the Fairline Phantom 40?
- Good stability.
- Wonderful visibility from each helm positions.
- Simple to manoeuvre.
- Hulls are stronger than every other competitor, in accordance with Fairline.
- Giant gasoline capability.
- Very safe.
- High quality end inside and outside.
- Spacious inside, with two good-sized heads.
- Loads of storage.
- Luxurious design.
What to look out for on a pre-owned Fairline Phantom 40
In the event you’re shopping for a used Phantom 40, our engineers have reported some issues to be careful for and potential faults which may happen on this boat once in a while.
- Entry across the engines is tight.
- When taking the radar arch down for transport, the boat is susceptible to water leaks and electrical issues affecting the objects on the arch. This may present as staining of the pinnacle linings within the saloon and darkish discolouration of the cherry wooden panels. To keep away from the issue, be sure that the construct up/break down is carried out by knowledgeable when transporting the boat.
- Metallic blinds within the saloon can undergo from corrosion.
- Cherry wooden panels can “bloom” if the boat has had extra humidity. A white sheen will present behind the lacquer.
Preserving your Fairline Phantom 40 in form
When shopping for a used Fairline Phantom 40, common scheduled servicing and a spotlight to some minor factors will maintain your craft in high situation.
Perform common engine and drive servicing consistent with Fairline’s really useful intervals for the Phantom 40.
- Examine the steering reservoir is as much as stress.
- Maintain the bilge dry to keep away from humidity and condensation.
- At all times maintain batteries nicely charged.
- When turning off fridges, depart doorways open to keep away from mould.
- Put the windscreen nets on to maintain out the dangerous UV that may bleach the wood surfaces.
- Maintain the flybridge lined with a tonneau or console cowl.
The Fairline Phantom 40 just isn’t recognized for needing particular repairs extra continuously than different boats.
Why purchase a pre-owned Fairline Phantom 40?
This boat gives an awesome steadiness of efficiency, luxurious, spaciousness and sensible design. The Phantom’s safe, sea-going qualities and refined consolation provides you with, your loved ones and pals fulfilling, protected and opulent cruising, wherever you sail.